Wednesday, April 03, 2013

A Jar of Dates


Hey everyone! I though today I would share with you one of the things Andrew and I have done together. I saw this Idea on Pinterest a while ago (shocker) and Andrew and I decided to make it. All you need is a jar, popsicle sticks (possibly colour coded) and something to write with.

The basic idea is that you write down one date idea on each stick and when you're stuck for an idea for a date, you pick one out at random and do it. We colour coded ours based on price. Yellow and red ones can be done with less than 20 dollars and blue and green ones are over 20 dollars.

Here is how ours turned out!


Someone's excited.






This idea is good, it gets you thinking of things to do if you are stuck in a rut. The only problem I've noticed is that I'm not always in the mood to do what's on the stick. Usually I might be too tired or just not in the best mood. Something I recommend would be to pick the date out of the jar ahead of time, so you can have time to prepare and look forward to it.  It was fun to create the jar, and we have done most of the ideas, even if we haven't picked them out.

Do you have a date jar? What are your favourite date ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...