Wednesday, February 04, 2015

DIY Wedding Ring Box


I love wedding ring boxes, they are all over pinterest and etsy. I knew I wanted one once I got engaged instead of the ring pillow but they can be pretty pricey. Today I am going to share with you how Andrew and I made our ring box!

You Will Need:

-Wooden box. We got ours for three dollars at Dollarama
-Sponges. Again, cheap at dollarama
-Fabric. I had some scraps left over. You definitely don't need more than a fat quarter.
-Hot Glue
-Knife, for cutting the sponge
-Stain. We made our own, the same stuff we made for our wooden guestbook. You can find the instructions there!
-Some sort of paint brush

Instructions:

1) Stain your wooden box (inside and out) and let it dry
2) Take a sponge (or several sponges) and put them in the box. The sponges should fill the box. You'll want to hot glue the sponges together and then cut a slice in the box where you want the rings to go!
3) Cover the sponge in the fabric and hot glue it in place. Make sure you put the fabric in between the slice you made.
4) Put the fabric covered sponge back in the box and put your wedding rings in it!

It's really that easy! Leave a comment if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...