Thursday, April 11, 2013

Advice On: Buying Textbooks



So when I began university I knew it was going to be expensive. But what I didn't know was how you can save so much money on textbooks! I thought I would share what I figured out with you.

1) Buy Used!

You can get perfectly good textbooks used. If you don't mind a little highlighting and not looking absolutely brand new. I did this first semester, it’s a really good deal usually.

2) Compare bookstores

My University has two bookstores, the University bookstore and the coop bookstore. I found it really helpful to compare prices between the two before I bought my books. I did this online.

3) School classifieds

The University of Guelph has an online kijiji like website where students can sell and buy textbooks. I haven't used this one, but I know friends who have. Check and see if your school has one.

4) Amazon

This is the one I use. If you plan ahead, look up the textbook ISBN numbers online from your university bookstore and order them with plenty of time to spare, you can save HUNDREDS of dollars. I'm serious.

I hope this helps you. Obviously every person and school is different, so you have to figure out something that works for you. My advice is to shop around, compare websites and decide where the best option for you is. These are what work for me.

Hope it helps!
Happy Thursday!

Ps. I have a facebook page! Check it out maybe?

1 comment:

  1. These are great tips!

    I also did a price comparison between Amazon and Chapters. Each year, I ended up ordering from both websites, as they both had cheaper deals for different books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...