Thursday, April 18, 2013

Advice On: Studying For Exams




Hey Everyone, Happy Thursday!
On Monday I finished my last exam of the semester (WOOT!) And I thought that it would be appropriate for me to share with you my tips on studying for exams. Exams can be a super stressful time, but if you stay organized (that seems to be a theme :P) you can make it though.

Here are the tips:
1) Re-read your notes.

And write down all of the things you don't know! I find writing things down helps me out so much. I like to read through my notes and textbook and write down all of the things that I have forgotten. Using different colours can also be super helpful!

2) Get organized before you start studying.

Get a snack, some water, all your books together. Put yourself in a quiet room and turn off everything that distracts you! (this can be super difficult) If you get yourself organized before hand, you'll already have everything you need in order to study, so you can't make excuses.

3) Make cue cards

I found this was super helpful, plus it allowed me to be a little bit creative. I got to use different colours and make them look pretty, and by writing the cue cards I was studying. And then by re reading the cue cards I was studying more!!


4) Give your brain breaks!

If you don't and you're like me your brain will get overwhelmed and your studying won't be effective. Take some small breaks every once in a while. (but not too many)

5) Get Enough Sleep

Sleep is really important. You don't want to be falling asleep during your exam! Go to bed at a decent time.

How do you study? What are your favourite ways of studying?
Good luck studying if you still have final exams!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...