Thursday, May 02, 2013

Advice On: Scheduling Classes




Hey there internet! Happy Thursday! This week I am going to talk about how I schedule my class schedule. This can be an overwhelming task, but if you break it down you can get through it with minimal stress.

The first thing I do when signing up for classes is look at my program requirements. There are certain classes that I need to take in certain semesters. I write down those course codes.

Next I print off a blank schedule. I use this to sketch out what my schedule will look like as I go. This also helps me see if I have conflicting courses. Then I log into my course selecting website.

The first thing I do is schedule in my required courses, but just the lectures, not labs. I draw these out on my blank schedule. I then schedule in my labs for my required courses. I then look for electives. I schedule those in around my required courses. Once I have my schedule all sorted out, I sign up for the courses.

I try to do this a weekish in advance of my course selection window opening. Then when it's time for me to pick I just punch in the course codes and section numbers.

Some things to think about when picking courses:
1) Do you have enough time to get from class to class?
2) Will you have a lunch break? If no, are you okay with that?
3) Will you be able to wake up early for morning classes?
4) Will you be able to focus in night classes?

Hope these help. How do you pick courses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...