Friday, July 31, 2015

Our DIY Wedding

We did a ton of things ourselves for our wedding. I have decided to compile a list of the things we did to reflect. I hope to inspire you to do things yourself. It's a really fun and rewarding process. I have included links where applicable for tutorials I made as well.

Paper Flowers

We made all the flowers (I'm not exagerating, Literally ALL) for our wedding.

We made the corsages and boutonnieres for the groomsmen, parents and grandparents.
DIY Paper Flower Wrist Corsage
DIY Paper Flower Boutonnieres





We made the bouquets for the bridesmaids and bride.
DIY Paper Flower Bouquets



We made two different kinds of centerpieces.
DIY Paper Flower Centerpieces Part 1
DIY Paper Flower Centerpieces Part 2





We made aisle decorations.
DIY Wedding Aisle Decorations



We made these trees with flowers on them


Guestbook

Andrew made our guestbook!
DIY Wooden Guestbook


Backdrop

Andrew built the backdrop and we both cut the fabric for it.


Putter Up

Andrew build our mini golf station!



Bridesmaids Dresses

I made all the bridesmaids dresses. Each one is unique but they are all made out of the same fabric.





Favours

We made custom match box favours.
DIY Wedding Favours: Custom Machboxes

Stationary

We made the cards that went along with the invitations, the save the dates, the thank you cards, the thank you notes for the tables, seating plan cards and kissing menu cards.
DIY Photo Save the Dates


Table Numbers

Andrew cut the wood and I wrote the numbers!
DIY Tree Branch Table Numbers



We also made these clusters of tree branches and the photo decorations out of tree branches that came down in an ice storm




Wedding Ring Box

We customized our own box for our wedding rings
DIY Wedding Ring Box


Dog Collar Bow Tie

I made a bow tie for my dog, Freddie


Paper Banners

I made all the paper banners



Signs

Andrew carved all the signs and I painted them


Gift Bags/Boxes

I customized all the gift bags with the first letter of the persons name. I also made custom makeup bags for by bridesmaids.



We did SO much for our wedding. And I am so pleased with how it turned out. It was a ton of work but it came together beautifully.

A special thanks to Robyn from Robyn Louise Photography for these awesome pictures!

2 comments:

  1. This is an immaculate location for a party, wedding, or other special event. Incredible views and classy interior. I have been to a few parties here and they have been really well done. The hall was perfect for mingling. The courtyard at wedding venues los angeles was beautifully decorated as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was introduced to these Floral Delivery guys by a friend and I couldn't be happier! I needed 5 table arrangements, 3 larger arrangements for a buffet and rented 4 plants. Result was totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...