Monday, July 27, 2015

Our Wedding Day-Part 1-Setup and Rehearsal

I'm going to start the story of our wedding day with the day before our wedding. I woke up early on Friday morning to start setting up the reception hall and church. I drove over to one of my Bridesmaids houses to pick her up and then we drove over to the Alma Community Center to begin decorating. I was so thankful that so many of our friends from our bridal party as well as our family were available to help set up. The groomsmen and fathers set up the tables and chairs while the bridesmaids and mothers laid out the table cloths and started setting the tables. With so many people helping we were able to finish really quickly and move on to the church. The groomsmen put together the backdrop and the bridesmaids hung the aisle decorations. The church set up went way faster because there was less overall to put up. I thought the set up was going to take us all day but we were done shortly after lunch.

The groomsmen decided to go golfing, and they got absolutely soaked! I was a little stressed out after being asked so many questions about the setup so Katelyn and Charlotte told me that they were taking me to DavidsTea. I'm really glad that they got me out of the house because otherwise I would have driven myself crazy. We got our tea and sat outside, ran a few errands and then headed back home. My other bridesmaid Marilyn arrived and then we headed over to the church for the rehearsal. We were actually about half an hour early to the rehearsal and Dave, our pastor, said that he has hardly ever seen the bride come earlier than the groom to the rehearsal. We ran through the ceremony a couple times and then we headed back to my parents for the dinner.

My mother and mother-in-law generously helped organize all the food. I just told them what I wanted and they organized everything! All the food was delicious and afterwards we had a campfire since the weather cleared up. Then the groomsmen went to the apartment for the night and the bridesmaids and I stayed at my parents.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...