Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Our Wedding Day-Part 2-Before the Ceremony

The morning of our wedding started way earlier than I had planned. I woke up at 2 in the morning and came to a quick realization. I was sick. I had an extremely sore throat and all around just felt disgusting. I got up and drank some water and orange juice and then struggled to fall back asleep for about 2 hours. But I eventually got back to sleep for a couple more hours.

I woke up at about 6 o'clock and got up. I took some cold medicine and read my bible for a few minutes before I was joined by my mom, dad and bridesmaids. My dad walked to get me coffee from Tim Horton's I had breakfast with my mom and bridesmaids. It was really fun getting to talk to them. Then we packed up my veil and headpiece and drove over to the hair salon.

Meanwhile the groomsmen got ready at the apartment and had an epic big breakfast and played xbox. Apparently it was a blast, according to my husband.

I sat and relaxed while my wonderful hairdresser did my hair. All my bridesmaids also got their hair done and then we went back to my house to get me in my dress. The groomsmen arrived at my parent's as I was getting ready and there was a close call with Andrew almost seeing me in my dress, but luckily he didn't. Once I was in my dress it was time for the first look. Andrew was set up in the backyard and I walked around the side of the house.

I am honestly so glad that we did a first look. It allowed us to have lunch all together and I didn't have to worry about sneaking around the church trying not to be seen.

Our bridal party and parents had a quick lunch of wraps and then we headed out to the church. I rode in the back with my mom and dad (I had to sit in the middle so my dress would fit!). I really enjoyed getting to talk to them. We arrived at the church 50 minutes early! I was actually so happy about this, I hate being late, it's like my number one pet peeve.

I had enough time to go to the bathroom, which is a pretty big task in a huge poofy dress. It actually wasn't too difficult. I didn't require anyone else's help! I got out of the washroom and ran into Andrew and the first words out of my mouth were "I just peed!". He looked very confused but later realized how big of a deal it was.

I sat in the parlour with the parents and my bridesmaids while the groomsmen ushered people to their seats. Soon it was time for us to take our places to start the ceremony!
























































































2 comments:

  1. The flowers are SO beautiful! What a unique idea. You looked really pretty. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your first look pictures are so cute!! love that one of you reaching out to touch his arm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...