Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Our Wedding Day-Part 3-Ceremony

I thought I would be nervous during the ceremony, since everyone's eyes were on us, but I actually wasn't nervous at all. Our photographer gave me good advice, look at Andrew, not everyone else.

The ceremony started when I yelled over to Andrew's brother, Paul, "Paul I'm ready!"

I walked down the aisle with my Dad to "All of Me" by The Piano Guys. I loved this nontraditional song for walking down the aisle.  It's so fun and joyful, exactly how I wanted to feel on this special day. My dad flipped over my veil, gave me a kiss on the cheek and I hugged my mom. Then Andrew came down the stairs to get me.

Dave (our pastor) read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and then gave a message. I don't remember every detail of this but I know that as he was speaking I was thinking, "this is exactly what I wanted to be said, I just didn't know it!"

He then asked out parents to stand and they gave their blessing for our marriage. We did the legal questions (which I stumbled over a bit, I was just having a hard time with my sore throat) and then we exchanged our vows. We picked vows instead of going with the traditional ones.

 I take you Sarah, to be my wife, loving you now and as you grow and develop into all that God intends. I will love you when we are together and when we are apart; when our lives are at peace and when they are in turmoil; when I am proud of you and when I am disappointed in you; in times of rest and in times of work. I will honour your goals and dreams and help you to fulfill them. From the depth of my being, I will seek to be open and honest with you. I say these things believing that God is in the midst of them all. 

I take you Andrew, to be my husband, loving you now and as you grow and develop into all that God intends. I will love you when we are together and when we are apart; when our lives are at peace and when they are in turmoil; when I am proud of you and when I am disappointed in you; in times of rest and in times of work. I will honour your goals and dreams and help you to fulfill them. From the depth of my being, I will seek to be open and honest with you. I say these things believing that God is in the midst of them all.

We exchanged our rings and then we were declared husband and wife! Smooch time!

We decided to have a unity tree, so we each brought soil from our parents house and placed the soil in the pot for the tree, symbolizing our lives coming together. We then had a prayer and signed the registry!

We were introduced as Mr and Mrs Bullock and then we left the church. We went in a different direction from everyone else and had a moment to ourselves (which our photographer photographed) and then we headed to the receiving line! It was so great getting to see everyone who came to our wedding. I am so glad I decided to have one, I was not wanting to because of the strain it put on time but I am so happy that I got to say hello to everyone.

We then moved on to pictures!

A special thanks to Robyn from Robyn Louise Photography for these awesome pictures!



























































1 comment:

  1. loooove those photos of you and Andrew sitting in front of the stained glass windows! and your backdrop is super fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...