Monday, August 04, 2014

DIY: Paper Flower Bouquets


Today I am going to be telling you guys about how Andrew and I made the Bride/Bridesmaid bouquets for our wedding! I love how these turned out, but they were a little frustrating to get just the way I wanted them, so hopefully you can learn a thing or two from this post if you are thinking of making your own bouquets for your wedding.

You Will Need:

-Wire 16 gauge- We ended up getting our wire from Canadian Tire, we searched and searched through craft stores but nothing was the right size or inexpensive enough. We recommend just going to a hardware store in the first place.
-Floral Tape- We got ours at Walmart
-Ribbon- I used green for the bridesmaids bouquets, and ivory for my bouquet, but you can pick whatever you would like!
-Corsage Pins- We got these at Walmart

Instructions:

1) Using the floral tape, attach the wire (cut to about 8 inch strips) to the skewer of the flowers. I used 15 flowers per bridesmaid bouquet, and 25 flowers for my bouquet. 
2) Tape the stems together. I found it worked best when I took two flowers and taped them together then added a third flower and so on until the bouquet was finished, instead of trying to hold all 15 flowers in place at once.
3) Wrap the ribbon around the bouquet and secure it with the corsage pins. I tried to sew the ribbon in place, but it turned out to take to long, so I just used two pins to hold the ribbon in place.

This was a fairly easy process, but it was pretty time consuming. I love the end result though! I think they are so unique.




Leave a comment if you have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...