Monday, January 27, 2014

A Year Of Dates-January

For those of you who don't know, for our anniversary this year I made Andrew A Year of Dates. That's twelve pre-planned and pre-paid for dates. This is the third of the twelve dates!

This was the date that I couldn't wait for Andrew to open. Andrew loves hockey, so I decided to take him to a GOJHL game to see the Elmira Sugar Kings play.

What's the best game you can name? 
Spoiler alert, it’s the good old hockey game!
For January's date let's go to a Sugar King's game. 
There is enough money for two adult tickets 
and some extra money for snacks!

I'm so excited for our date!


Love, Sarah

We had planned to go on this date on a Sunday afternoon, but unfortunately school got extremely busy that weekend and we couldn't make it. But we decided instead to go see an away game in Guelph. And we were not disappointed.

We drove from Alma to Guelph, about 30-45 minutes, and stopped at Timmies along the way. I got Earl Grey tea, Andrew got a coffee. We talked and sang to the radio. There may have been some dancing involved. It was a good time.

We got to the arena, and found our seats. We were worried that we sat in the Guelph section, not the Elmira section, but then the Elmira players came out onto the ice and the people beside us went ecstatic. We knew we were right where we were supposed to be.

After the first period Andrew and I went and got some popcorn. It was excellent. There is something about popcorn from a movie theatre or sports arena that just tastes better. I'm not sure why.

The Sugar Kings ended up winning in a shootout 3-2, it was a really close and might I say well matched game. I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, but Andrew really likes it. So it makes me happy that he had such a great time, and I might be starting to like the game too.






Want to read more?

A Year Of Dates:
November
December
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...