Monday, January 13, 2014

A Chapter A Day


Andrew's pastor (and our wedding officiant!) recently challenged the congregation to read through the Gospel of Mark this January. I've been doing my devotions with Melody Carlson's book "Devotions for Real Life" but I've been kind of slacking in my Bible reading. So I took up this challenge a week ago and so far I've been consistently reading one chapter a day. And I'm really proud of myself.

I'm so proud of myself that I'm going to challenge myself to do more. I want to continue reading a chapter of my bible every day. After I finish Mark I'm going to be reading 1 Timothy. I'm going to try to eventually read through the whole Bible, but I'm not going to overwhelm myself with that goal right now. I'll just take it one book at a time, chapter by chapter. I'm hoping I will be able to form a good habit of reading my Bible daily. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...