Saturday, May 03, 2014

Our Wedding Rings

On Tuesday Andrew and I got our wedding bands in the mail! We love them so much and I wanted to share our excitement with you guys!

I fell in love with the idea of having our fingerprints on eachothers rings before we were even engaged. (Thank-you Pinterest!). I thought they were so awesome and special but that they would be too expensive to get for ourselves. Once Andrew proposed, we went to go get my engagement ring resized (since it was two sizes too big) and Andrew tried on some plain wedding rings. We were very surprised by how much a plain wedding band costs! Then I was looking through my wedding board on Pinterest and I saw the fingerprint rings again and we decided to go for it! If we were going to be wearing these rings for the rest of our lives, they better be special!

We found Brent&Jess through pinterest, if you haven't browsed around their etsy shop, you definitely should! They do amazing work! We messaged them asking for a quote and they replied very quickly. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that we could both have fingerprint rings for less than that plain ring we saw when we got my ring resized! We ordered them right away. We loved the interactive process and how much communication went on during the process. We were always kept in the loop. They sent us the fingerprint kit, which was really fun to use, and then we sent back our prints. Two months later we received our rings. They turned out so awesome!

Andrew and I were a little nervous buying such a big item online, but I'm so glad we decided to go for it! Our rings are in sterling silver, they are the traditional half round shape but we decided to go with a brushed metal finish on the outside. We chose the brushed metal since Andrew does a lot of hands on things so we hope that the brushed metal will hide some of the scratches.  I was worried that it wouldn't match my ring but the brushed metal makes them coordinate, like they were meant to be together even though they aren't the same metal or finish. I love the mismatched look actually!

Naturally I have already taken a billion photos of them, here are a few:













1 comment:

  1. Wow those turned out great! I love the unique and special touch that the fingerprints add :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...