Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Bible Reading Plan


I recently read through the whole bible using one of those Bible in a year books but I don't feel like I got very much out of it. I only read the three chapters a day so I could just get through it. I wasn't reading to learn anything. So I'm hoping to read through the bible again, (but not so rushed) and I needed a way to really get something out of it. My goal is to read through the bible, one chapter at a time (not necessarily in order). I'm not picky about how long it will take me. I just really want to get something out of it. I'd like to show you guys the reading plan I found. A couple months ago I found this blog on pinterest.

It's the SOAP bible reading plan, which stands for Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer. All you need is a bible, a notebook and something to write with.

Here's how it works:

You read through a chapter of the bible and then you pick a verse that stands out (I like to underline the verses I like as I go and then pick one of those).
 To start, I write down the chapter I am reading at the top of the page, and under that I write the date.

Then, I write and "S" and I write down the verse that stood out to me the most.
Under that I write an "O" and I write down what I observed from the verse.
Next, I write an "A" and next to it I write how I think this verse applies to my life right now.
Finally, I write a "P" and I write out a prayer asking God to help me apply and thanking Him for what He has shown me.

I really like this way of reading the bible, but I've had a really hard time recently of actually doing it. One of my goals in April (which I will post more about later) is to read my bible at least 5 times a week.

Do you have a favourite method to read your bible? How do you keep yourself motivated?

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah!Its Rosa belle :) Its really cool that you are writing a blog! I am really loving reading it!
    I saw andrew a couple of days ago at school which was random but pretty cool and I heard that he was CILT director, that is sooo exciting!!

    anywho I thought your goal was a really good one. I like how you are giving some grace to yourself and trying to read it everyday, and with school i completely understand how challenging this is!
    It has been an encouragment to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosa Belle! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...