Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Couples Devotions


Hey Everyone!

So you have heard me mention my boyfriend Andrew before a couple times. I thought today I would introduce you to him officially and tell you a little bit about the devotions that we are doing as a couple.
Here is a recent picture of us. 
We bought mugs that match our camp names. 
My camp name is Rubik's and his is Stripes. 

I will tell you the whole story of how we started dating in a different post. For now I will just tell you the basics. We met at camp, and we have been dating for almost 2 and a half years! (2 years, 4 months and 27 days to be exact). Andrew recently accepted the CILT director position at the camp we both go to. CILT is a program that future staff members go through in order to become great leaders. I will tell you more about CILT later. Anyways, when Andrew accepted the CILT director position I thought I would get him a devotion book. I had been thinking of doing this for years, but I never mustered up the courage to do it.

I decided that we should do a devotional together. I had bought a book called Devotions for the God Girl by HayleyDiMarco a while ago but I had never gotten around to actually using it. I decided to get Andrew the guy's version of the book Devotions for the God Guy by Michael DiMarco. They are both one year devotionals so I thought it would be great to read them together and keep each other on track. We are on day 13 and so far it's going great. I really like my book; the devotions are short, but really powerful. I know that short isn't always better, but in this case it really works with my schedule. I'm hoping to get back into my bible reading in April. And I promise I will post more about that soon!
       


I guess what I'm getting at is that I thought doing a devotional book together would be awkward, but so far, it's great and I would highly recommend that couples do something like this. It really is rewarding.

What devotions are you doing right now? If you are in a relationship, do you do devotions with each other or separately?

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...