Friday, February 28, 2014

I Appreciate You

Andrew and I have started something new recently. We found that we were getting crazy busy and stressed out with midterms and wedding planning over reading week and that we weren't taking enough time to be truly thankful for one another. So we created a little challenge to add to our daily conversation. We decided that every day, at some point during the day we will point out one thing that we appreciate about the other person. For example, yesterday I was really grumpy, and so I appreciated when Andrew let me vent about my day and all my frustrations and didn't question me about it.

We've been doing this for about a week and I think it is really helping me. I feel like Andrew is noticing when I do things for him. I know he noticed before and that I shouldn't need him to tell me that he appreciates me but it feels really good for him to point out specific things.

I would challenge you guys to do this in your relationships, not just your relationship with your significant other, but with your friends and family and with your relationship with God. Everyone deserves a little extra appreciation!

Leave me a comment letting me know something you appreciate about someone you love!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...