Thursday, February 13, 2014

More About My Ring

I started looking at wedding rings basically when I got pinterest. I would look through the wedding section and stumble upon some rings that I really liked, so I would pin them. I wasn't expecting a ring from Andrew at this time but it was just fun to dream about it. After Andrew and I had been dating for two years or so We started more seriously talking about when we would get married. Andrew asked me to show him some of the rings I liked, and so I took up the great task of exploring just about every online jewelry website, looking at beautiful rings. It's a tough job, but someone had to do it :P

I spent lots of time looking at rings, sending the one's I liked to Andrew, sending the one's I didn't like to Andrew, telling him the specifics of why I didn't like them. I'm sure he was overwhelmed by all of my opinions. I liked being involved in the ring picking out process. 

Andrew told me that he had bought a ring. And I may or may not have gone crazy. He sent me this picture on my phone early in September of 2013. 


I recognized the colours and fonts right away. This ring was from Brilliant Earth. My favourite out of all the engagement ring websites. Their rings are so beautiful and completely ethical, which makes me double happy. 

Now I wish I could say I figured out which website it was from and then left it alone, but I didn't. I looked through all the rings on the website. I tried to restrain myself from questioning Andrew, "Is THIS my ring?", "How about this one?" I really wish I hadn't questioned him so much. I obsessed over when he was going to propose, stressing myself out about when it was going to be. 

I basically ruined the surprise for myself. I asked so many questions. I found out that he had the ring, and that he had talked to my parents to ask their permission. Then I knew when the proposal would be and where, and I had even narrowed down the rings to a group of five, and I knew that one of those five was my ring. Some parts of me wish that I could have been completely surprised but then other parts of me feel like it was almost better that I knew ahead of time. I did my nails the day of, I made sure I dressed nicely and did my hair. I knew to bring my camera and was much more relaxed. I did like that the ring was still somewhat a surprise. Out of the five I had narrowed it down to I had one favourite ring that had been my favourite from the moment I saw it. And that was the ring that Andrew picked! Now allow me to gush a bit about my ring.

It's a solitaire on an 18k white gold band. The band looks like it is twisted. It is so unique, yet simple and not too flashy. The diamond is an 0.43 carat round cut lab created diamond. I had no idea that they could create diamonds in a lab! It makes me feel good that my ring is completely ethical and has a guaranteed non conflict diamond. I love it so much. I think Andrew did an amazing job picking it out!




I hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit more about my ring. I promise that sometime in the next few months I will have more wedding things to post about, but right now my focus has basically just been on school. I hope you guys have a great rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! So awesome that it's also non-conflict. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...