Saturday, June 29, 2013

Advice On: Online Classes




Hey you guys! As you may or may not know I am currently taking a class online over the summer. So I thought it would be appropriate to give you my tips on managing online courses.

Keep on top of your work

It's so easy to push things off with online classes. Don't do this! It just makes you have to cram a whole bunch of learning in a short amount of time. Not fun, I repeat, NOT FUN!

Turn off the interwebs

While you working on your course work, I find it helpful to close off all other internet things. They are so distracting, and it makes me take so much longer to get something done.

Keep track of assignments and labs

These tend to sneak up on my when I have online courses. I'm not very good at keeping track of things. I still get stuff done but I kinda figure it out a week before (OH DEAR! Thats this week! Better get working on it) that's what happens most of the time. 

Find someone who knows something about the class

In this case, this is my dad. He's super smart, and he knows a lot about the stuff I'm learning about. But this could be a TA or the professor during office hours. I find it helpful to have someone actually explain it to me in real time.

Hope these tips help. Do you have any tips for online courses? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...