Wednesday, June 24, 2015

5 Tips for Wedding Thank You Cards


Writing thank you cards can be a really stressful and time consuming part of a wedding. I (with my husband's help) got through writing all the thank you notes for the wedding within two weeks of the wedding! And to be fair, one of those weeks was my honeymoon, so we didn't even work on them. So it only took us one week of actually working on them to get them done. The process went really smoothly and thought I would share with my readers some tips Andrew and I discovered when writing the thank you cards. Here are my top 5 tips for writing thank you cards:

Just do Them

Seriously. Don't put them off, the sooner you get them done the better. I found thank you cards so stressful and the longest I put them off for was one week! Make yourself a cup of tea, sit down and get them done.

Ask Your Spouse For Help

Andrew was more than willing to write some of the cards. We split them according to who knew the person the best. Andrew wrote cards for his family and friends and I wrote them for my family and friends. Splitting the work helps the thank you cards to get finished faster.

Make a List of Who Gave What

Keeping track of who gave what gift and who you've written cards for is extremely important. I found the best way was to keep a notebook with the list in it. We wrote down who gave what as we opened our gifts and then we put a check mark beside their name when we had finished their thank you card.

Make a Spreadsheet of Addresses

I am so thankful that I made a spreadsheet with addresses in it before the save the dates went out. It made the thank you cards SO much easier. I only had to ask 3 people for their addresses, and that was because they moved. Put it on Dropbox so you can access it from your phone, tablet or computer!

Make/Order The Thank You Cards in Advance

If you are going to make the thank you cards yourself, make them well in advance of the wedding. If you are ordering them, order them well in advance of the wedding. This way there is nothing holding you back from starting on the cards. I was so glad that the thank you cards were all ready to go once I got back from my honeymoon. We made them ourselves about a year before the wedding! 

There you go! Do you have any tips of your own for writing thank you cards? Leave a Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...